Cravings happen to the best of us! Sweet? Salty? I love both. So how do you keep those cravings in check without emptying the cupboards of all your dangerous treats?
Try brushing your teeth when you have a bad craving! I swear this works great. When still hungry snack on something filling and healthy like baby carrots, banana, or avocado.
Drink a lot of water! Sometimes when you’re hungry, you’re actually thirsty. I find this is often the case with myself.
Want some good craving beaters of mine, here are my picks:
- Mixed nuts — nuts are so filling. Almonds, cashews, and walnuts are amazing. Add dark chocolate and maybe some raisins– you’ve got yourself a trail mix!
- Pickles! I love pickles. Dill Spears often have more flavor than the dill chips.
- Beef Jerky- hearty and available in many flavors, this source of protein is low in carbs and lasts a while.
- Enlightened ice cream– it’s miracle “healthy” ice cream. Highly recommend in that hot summer.
- Fage Greek 2% yogurt– the best Greek yogurt. It’s awesome with oats or berries and cinnamon.
- Dried seaweed– although strange at first, it grows on you! Salty and crunchy.
- Cucumber and watermelon are awesome and filling snacks. Yummy.
- Laughing cow cheese wedges; these are tasty if you’re a cheese fanatic and also small, light in calories, and delicious.
- Popcorn: try air popping then drizzle olive oil, butter, or margarine with salt. I love this and you save a lot of calories by making it yourself. Still delicious!!
- Tea– green tea, white tea, chai tea, black tea — it’s all awesome and I love it. I’m a tea addict 😀
- Gum: Not food, but great gum can really kill a craving and keep the mouth busy. My pick is Trident spearmint gum.
I hope these treats are as good for you as they are for me. Happy munching!